[cairo] Assembler problems on FreeBSD?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Sep 6 17:02:47 PDT 2005

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 12:52:07 -0700 (PDT), Joe R wrote:
> In .../test, it looks like the configure script included -lpthread instead of
> an ldflag -pthread.  I swapped them by hand in the Makefile and it compiled.

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying needs to be fixed here. Could
you describe this in more details? Specifically, what's in the
test/Makefile.am file right now:

	if HAVE_PTHREAD
	LDADDS += -lpthread
	endif

works fine on my Linux machine. What would you need to change in that
file to get things to work for you?

> Second, it looks like two of the tests failed when I ran make check.  There're
> a few open bugs that refer to these tests, so I assume you know about them
> already.  The tests were:
>
>    get-and-set-image:      FAIL
>    FAIL: get-and-set

In cairo 1.0.0, that test had a bug in that it set a non-invertible
matrix, (though many platforms failed to notice due to floating-point
round-off errors). Please re-test this with cairo from CVS if possible.

>    text-antialias-subpixel-image:  FAIL
>    FAIL: text-antialias-subpixel

Similarly, if this test fails with CVS, please file a
bug. Particularly if this is the only text test that fails, (there is
at least one outstanding bug in which _all_ text tests fail, but I
think that may be related to a change in freetype version).

> Are these anything I worry about as an end user?

I suppose it might depend on how picky you are. ;-) You can look at
the resulting .png images in the test directory to see how close the
results are.

But, for us, any failure in the image backend is something we
definitely want to hear about and that should be filed in
bugs.freedesktop.org.

So thanks for these reports!