Cairo exports and more (was Re: [cairo] Re: Munging header files for export (and other) attributes)

Bill Spitzak spitzak at d2.com
Thu Sep 15 17:48:47 PDT 2005

Doodle wrote:

> The only thing against it is that I think it's uglier (a bunch of ifdefs
> to see which backends are compiled in, and which mutexes have to be
> initialized), and if a backend is changed somewhere, then it has to be
> kept in sync with DllMain() all the time... Only that's why I thought
> that an init/uninit routine per backend would be cleaner.

I see no problem with all the backends that need it sharing the same
mutex. I can't believe anybody would care if initialization of one
backend blocks the initialization of another. This would require a
multithreaded program where two threads decided to simultaneously start
rendering on two different backends. Much less likely than two threads
starting on the same backend, which would block anyway.