[cairo] Patch: fix subpixel BGR/vRGB rendering

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Wed Sep 28 08:11:18 PDT 2005

Le mercredi 24 août 2005 à 11:47 -0700, Keith Packard a écrit :
> On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 12:22 +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've done a quick patch (using the same idea as embolding) to fix
> > subpixel rendering on BGR or vRBG LCD screen.
> >
> > Of course, this patch is probably no be needed after glyph cache
> > rewrite, but it might be useful in the mean time ;)
>
> I'll be landing the glyph cache rewrite as soon as 1.0 ships, and that
> already has BGR/vRGB support (it was easy, now that we have
> cairo_font_options_t available).

Hmm, since glyph cache rewrite has not landed on 1.0 branch and I'm not
sure it will go to 1.0.x, I've still think subpixel BGR/vRGB should be
handled correctly in 1.0.x.

I've update my initial patch following David Turner comments on cairo
wrong usage of freetype flags. Code is almost doing the same thing as
Xft, except for hinting == light with subpixel. Currently, since
subpixel is handled by cairo, we can't use light hinting with LCD
render, so I've changed the logic to only set light hinting when LCD
rendering is not used.

Patch has been done for 1.0 branch.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>