[cairo] Problem with Pango & Cairo on Win32

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Tue Apr 11 20:13:40 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 23:42 +0200, Bogdan Nicula wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Pango's rendering with the Cairo backend on Windows and I'm
> hitting an assertion inside cairo-win32-font.c, line 1096 in
> _cairo_win32_scaled_font_glyph_init ():
>
>     if ((info & CAIRO_SCALED_GLYPH_INFO_SURFACE) != 0) {
>     ASSERT_NOT_REACHED;
>     }
>
> Is this a known problem or work in progress?
>
> I don't think I'm doing anything special:
>
>         layout = pango_cairo_create_layout(cr);
>         pango_layout_set_alignment(layout, ...);
>         pango_layout_set_markup(layout, ..., -1);
>         pango_layout_get_extents(layout, NULL, &rect);
>
>         [calculate x,y]
>
>         cairo_save(cr);
>
>         cairo_move_to(cr, x, y);
>         pango_cairo_show_layout(cr, layout);
>         g_object_unref(layout);
>
>         cairo_restore(cr);
>
> Same thing works perfectly on X11.
> Pango 1.12.1, Cairo HEAD.
>
> Any hint appreciated.

What surface are you rendering to? Some of the recent reworking
of the font code paths in Cairo really aren't right for the way that
the win32 font backend works, and certainly haven't been tested
there, but I don't see anything offhand that would cause problems
rendering to the win32 or image surfaces.

Can you provide a backtrace?

						Owen