[cairo] Re: cairo Digest, Vol 9, Issue 32

Dominic Lachowicz domlachowicz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 08:06:24 PDT 2006

On 4/26/06, rush ta <anjutagtk at gmail.com> wrote:
> TO print a PDF/PS file we need a postscript printer..
> But for the common inkjet printers,PCL language is used..
> I am using Cairo to produce PDF/PS on PXA/ARM arch ....
> Can Cairo take care of the conversion to PCL..
> OR do I have to use anything else..

Most likely, your printing system (CUPS, LPRNG, ...) does this already,
transparently, usually using Ghostscript to perform the
transformation. If you draw on a Win32 Cairo surface, the Win32 GDI
drivers take care of this tranformation for you.

Best,
Dom
--
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums.