[cairo] Updated ROADMAP for cairo 1.2.0 (and beyond)

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Apr 26 16:55:14 PDT 2006

With the recent discussion of features people would like to see, I've
now updated cairo's ROADMAP file. I've also fixed things so that the
following URL now shows the latest version of this file as it exists
in git:

	http://cairographics.org/ROADMAP

(This had been stuck showing the stale version of the ROADMAP as in
CVS for a while.)

So, people that responded to my request for things that aren't in
1.1.2 and that they would like to see in 1.2.0 should see them in the
above. And again, if there's still something not there, then let us
know.

This ROADMAP still says April for 1.2.0 and I'm going to do my best to
actually meet that. I'm ready for a long weekend...

I've also sorted the list somewhat by priority. As discussed above,
the 1.2 feature and schedule is largely driven by the needs of GTK+
2.10. So the printing support is more important right now than the
Mozilla API changes.

But, I would also prefer to get any API changes we have planned now
into 1.2 rather than later, so I do still want to get the Mozilla
stuff in.

Anyway, the more everyone helps, the quicker this will all happen.

Oh, and the ROADMAP there pretty much just has my thoughts/priorities
in it. Please, anyone else who is actively working on cairo, please
feel free to commit changes to the ROADMAP to reflect your
plans/priorities.

And, the initial section (Target) should really be driven by people
outside of cairo, so maybe that section really should be moved to a
wiki page rather than just a file under revision control in the source
tree.

Finally, maybe we should have some regular meeting so that cairo users
and developers can meet and discuss planning and other things. I
notice that GTK+ does this (mostly) weekly for example:

	http://www.gtk.org/plan/

I'd certainly be glad to start doing something like that. So let me
know if you're interested (and if so, what timeslots would be good for
you).