[cairo] Updated ROADMAP for cairo 1.2.0 (and beyond)

Emmanuel Pacaud emmanuel.pacaud at univ-poitiers.fr
Thu Apr 27 02:32:18 PDT 2006

Le mercredi 26 avril 2006 à 16:55 -0700, Carl Worth a écrit :
> So, people that responded to my request for things that aren't in
> 1.1.2 and that they would like to see in 1.2.0 should see them in the
> above. And again, if there's still something not there, then let us
> know.
>
> This ROADMAP still says April for 1.2.0 and I'm going to do my best to
> actually meet that. I'm ready for a long weekend...

Are you still interested in a marking SVG backend as supported for cairo
1.2 ?

There's two solutions to make this happen: either use what's currently
in master, which uses SVG 1.2 comp-op for operators, or use what's in my
analysis-surface branch, which uses image-fallbacks.

Second solution needs a review of patches that touch other files than
cairo-svg-surface.c. In my opinion, they're trivial, but still, they
need a review. And We also have to decide on the API for selecting SVG
version. May be:

cairo_surface_t *
cairo_svg_surface_create (const char	*filename,
			  double	width,
			  double	height,
			  cairo_svg_version_t version)

and

cairo_surface_t *
cairo_svg_surface_create_for_stream (cairo_write_func_t		write,
				     void			*closure,
				     double			width,
				     double			height,
				     cairo_svg_version_t        version)

In either case, all failures in test suite are problems not related to
SVG output, but due to the rendering via librsvg/cairo to png for
comparison to reference images.

	Emmanuel.