[cairo] Cairo + OpenGL - other backends

Johannes Schmidt sdl at myrealbox.com
Tue Aug 1 05:10:26 PDT 2006

Hi,

I've just subscribed to the list, so I hope that my nétiquette is okay.

First, I'd like to thank you for this great library.
Yesterday, I started using Cairo and wrote and small OpenGL backend.
It took only 3 hours to get a running prototype. Cairo's ease of use is really
amazing.
See here:
http://www.enst.fr/~jschmidt/capture1.png

All basic drawing works like a charm, using my own GL graphics context.
This works using Cairo+OpenGL without Glitz or other helper libraries.

I'd like to create a very thin Cairo lib, just with my own backend.
But when removing png support, it complains about a missing symbol
(cairo png anything ... can't remember, can confirm it this evening).

Is it generally possible to remove all backends and font stuff,
running Cairo with a custom backend (GL/D3D)?
Without touching the source at best ...

Regards,
Johannes