[cairo] pdf generation

Dominic Lachowicz domlachowicz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 07:42:04 PDT 2006

Hi Derek,

On 8/10/06, Derek Gottfrid <derek at codecubed.com> wrote:
> I am using cairo to generate pdfs and am looking for away to add in
> Properties - for the pdf  ie Title, Subject, Author, Keyword - right
> now I see Creator and Producer are filled out w/ cairographics.org but

AFAIK, this currently isn't possible, though it is a planned addition.

> how can I fill in others?  Also is there a way to "opitmize" the pdf -
> I am not  a pdf expert but it always claims Opimitized = no.

"Optimized" here probable refers to what Adobe calls "Linearized" PDF
- that is, a PDF that has been optimized for viewing, especially over
a network. Cairo currently doesn't emit linearized PDFs, and it would
be nice if it could one day do so. In the mean time, I might suggest
trying the "pdfopt" program instead. I think that it comes with the
Ghostscript installation. More info about linearized PDFs can be found
here:

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/pdf/PDFReference16.pdf

Best,
Dom
--
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums.