[cairo] Build problems under Win32/Mingw and Mac OS X 10.3

Tim Teulings rael at edge.ping.de
Mon Aug 14 14:29:48 PDT 2006

Hello!

>  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I. -I../pixman/src
> -I/sw/include/libpng12 -Wall -Wsign-compare
> -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings
> -Wswitch-enum -Wpacked -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wstrict-prototypes
> -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs
> -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -MT cairo-quartz-surface.lo -MD -MP -MF
> .deps/cairo-quartz-surface.Tpo -c cairo-quartz-surface.c  -fno-common
> -DPIC -o .libs/cairo-quartz-surface.o
> cairo-quartz-surface.c: In function
> `_cairo_quartz_surface_acquire_source_image':
> cairo-quartz-surface.c:58: error: implicit declaration of function
> `CGBitmapContextGetBitmapInfo'
> make[3]: *** [cairo-quartz-surface.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Since nobody have a solution for this yet, I took at look at the code
and the function documentation. After that it seems for me that the
result of the call is ignored and from the man page it look like the
function does not have any side effect. I this simply deleted the call
and after that cairo at least compiled. I have however not checked if it
does work ;-) It looks like the call of the function is some preparation
of a possible optimization - but currently no code is triggered.

--
Gruß...
       Tim.