[cairo] filters/image processing

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Aug 31 22:35:53 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 05:56 +0200, Mirco Müller wrote:
> Greetings MenTaLguY!
>
> 	Is the pipeline-able filter-API you wish for cairo "feature-complete"
> from your point of view (see end of email for reference)?

I'm not sure the pipeline stuff is what we want; GL and DirectX expose a
programming language for fragment shaders of this nature. I'd say cairo
should either adopt something that matches GLSL or stick with the
existing predefined pipeline. Inbetween compromises aren't all that
interesting; for programmable hardware, they only lose features.

Programmable fragment shaders are available in even modest graphics
chips like the i915.

keith.packard at intel.com