[cairo] What might be SWT's problem?

Elfi Heck eheck at intarsys.de
Fri Dec 8 03:16:47 PST 2006

I had recently posted to the Eclipse SWT newsgroup because when running on
a system with Cairo 1.2 installed, images will not be draw anymore after
graphics mode is set to "advanced" (which means Cairo will actually be
used). This works on a system with Cairo 1.0.

There's also a bug report about that issue in the Eclipse Bugzilla. There
hasn't been any reaction so far from the Eclipse team however, and I'd
like to supply them with more information. I know next to nothing about
using Cairo, so I'm asking here.

What has changed from 1.0 to 1.2 that may cause this problem? Do they have
to initialize something, that wasn't there before? Any hints?

I had also reported an SWT bug before because drawing with transformations
and clipping set wasn't working as expected. This particular problem is
gone with 1.2, but I have different issues with clipping now.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards, Elfi