[cairo] python bindings documentaion?

Steve Chaplin stevech1097 at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 21 05:25:58 PST 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 23:54 +0100, Norbert Fabritius wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm searching for something like an api-reference for the cairo-python
> bindings. Right now it is not always easy guessing a python-function from
> the cairo c-api.
>
> Nori

I don't know of any python-specific api reference for pycairo, apart
from the NOTES file which lists the differences to the C-API.

A while ago I was thinking about how best to produce some html
documentation
- it would amount to just duplicating most of the C API docs, is it
worth it? Translating the C-isms to Python might be a fair amount of
work. Could some of the docs be auto-generated from the C docs?

- I had a look at some documentation packages: I don't think pydoc is
any use for C extensions. I looked at epydoc, docutils and Doxygen but
didn't come to any conclusions.

What methods do other python packages (which are written as C
extensions) use?

Steve