[cairo] cairomm rpms for Fedora Core 4

Jonathon Jongsma jonathon.jongsma at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 14:31:46 PST 2006

On 2/22/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc at murrayc.com> wrote:
> If you like, but I prefer not to do these build file changes in CVS,
> because I prefer not to put .spec files in cvs or tarballs, because
> a) They are never maintained properly, and the source code maintainer
> gets the blame for that.
> b) It's never clear what distro they or for, or what version of the
> distro they are for.
>
> Hopefully you can keep the patch in the source RPM if it's useful.
>
> But Jonathan Jongsma might have a different opinion, and he's at least
> 51% cairomm maintainer, and rightly so.

I agree with murray here.  I think it's best if the spec files are
kept separate from the upstream source.  But please feel free to file
bugs about any build or distribution-related things that you run into
as you do the packaging (like the install-sh issue).  And thanks a lot
for working to get this into Fedora.

Jonner