[cairo] Notes on bugzilla and "forgotten" patches

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Feb 24 13:38:32 PST 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:35:12 +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:

> Wow, thanks you a lot, I was thinking on pushing them to bugzilla,
> afraid they might be forgotten..

You're welcome.

My inbox has gotten big, but it still remembers a lot of patches, (and
I remember them too). Bugzilla memory is equally good, but I'm
personally much less likely to go digging there for things---it's so
painful for me to use [*].

Bugzilla does have better visibility than my inbox. That's one thing I
hope to use git to solve. Pretty soon I'll make a pass over my inbox
shoving neglected patches into git branches to push out to my personal
tree. After that, people should have an easier time verifying that I
haven't "forgotten" these patches, (and, importantly, they'll be much
easier to grab and merge again when I'm reminded).

> > Thanks again, (and sorry for the long delay).
>
> No problem, as long as they have finally landed on CVS..

Well, no they actually haven't landed in CVS... ;-)

-Carl

[*] I readily admit that I'm not a fan of the bugzilla interface for
regular code shuffling. But bugzilla does have its benefits though, and I know
some people really prefer to work with it. That's why I set it up for
cairo, and I've tried to support people who choose to use it. But if
you've put something in there and you are frustrated that you haven't
gotten any comments on it, don't be afraid to email me about it,
(either on the list or, if you prefer, privately).