[cairo] cairo_new_sub_path: Making cairo_arc easier to use and more

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Jan 23 17:58:57 PST 2006

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:43:09 -0500 (EST), Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Thanks for the lengthy message.  I'm all with your approach.
> The only question I have is whether cairo_close_path starts a new
> sub path or not.

Thanks for the careful review. That's definitely a point to consider.

> Most of the time the user wants it to do, but
> if it does, there is no way to prevent it from doing that.  So I
> guess it should not start a new sub path and leave that to the
> user.

That seems like sound reasoning to me, and it was something I had
thought of.

Another consideration is that the existing behavior happens to leave a
valid current point after close_path. So we can avoid introducing a
regression in this area by documenting it that way.

> As for the name, I prefer something like cairo_disjoin_path.

Hmmm... we've already got a separate concept of "joins" in the API
with cairo_set_line_join.

> And while you're at it, take a look at the arc_to patch too :).

Yes, someday...