[cairo] Problem with printing

Patrik Mueller Paddi.M at gmx.net
Fri Jan 27 11:39:15 PST 2006

Hi again,

I've found some hints to the printing problem at the Antigrain mailing
list. Perhaps it can help to fix the windows printing.

Greets,

Patrik

we had the same problem some time ago. It seems that it is
  very common for (windows) printer drivers NOT to implement BitBlt
  correctly.
  There are rumours about the existence of correct drivers, but I"ve seen
  none yet in the wild.
  I can perfectly understand, why:
  In order to get the output right, the driver would ultimately have to
  store all the
  information in a huge bitmap - yielding possibly >500 MB of data for large
  plots.

  IIRC, our workaround was using SetDIBitsToDevice with banding,
  i.e. we split the printer DC into strips of say 800 lines and rendered
  the image for each strip seperately, sending the resulting "bands" to
  the printer device.

  So I perceive two options for you:
  - find that magical "working" driver (in which case I"d be interested in
  details)
  - use some kind of workaround