[cairo] Problems with cairo PDF generation and Mac OS X PDF rendering

Dominic Lachowicz domlachowicz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 18:40:01 PDT 2006

On 7/7/06, Malcolm Tredinnick <malcolm at pointy-stick.com> wrote:

> >From a quick look at the source, this looks like a cairo problem to me:
> _cairo_pdf_surface_create_for_stream_internal() in cairo-pdf-surface.c
> should probably be creating the comment as well as the header.
>
> Again, not sure if this really is the problem, but reading through the
> generated PDF didn't make anything else jump out at me as immediately
> wrong.

This shouldn't be a problem for conformant PDF viewers and it probably
isn't the problem we're seeing here (I've noted similar problems when
using gv and xpdf, fwiw), but I've attached a patch anyway. It should
probably be committed for completeness' sake.

Best,
Dom
--
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums.