[cairo] Trouble with linking to svg-cairo

phoenixj phoenixj91 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 24 21:09:34 PDT 2006

I'm trying to render SVG images to OpenGL textures using Cairo, but
cannot seem to get libsvg_cairo to link. After many failed attempts to
compile the library myself, my friend sent me the binaries of
libsvg-cairo to me that were packaged with his distribution of Ubuntu.
They should be up to date. Libsvg and Cairo are both installed, and
using Dev-C++ I add the following to the Linker Parameters box:
-lsvg
-lcairo
-lsvg-cairo
And yet, when I go to compile, I get this:

  [Linker error] undefined reference to `svg_cairo_create'
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `svg_cairo_parse'
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `svg_cairo_get_size'
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `svg_cairo_render'
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `svg_cairo_destroy'
  ld returned 1 exit status
C:\Dev-Cpp\Makefile.win [Build Error]  [Project3.exe] Error 1

The source code is straight from the libsvg-cairo example in the CVS
What am I doing wrong :[ ?