[cairo] Thanks to Behdad Esfahbod for some nice bug slaying!

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Jun 14 09:40:35 PDT 2006

Behdad was very kind to wade through cairo's bugzilla yesterday
looking for important fixes to get in place before the 1.2 release,
(and many of the fixes made it in before 1.1.8).

This resulted in a drop in the count of open cairo bugs in bugzilla
from 145 down to 116 in one day. So thanks to the Behdad and everyone
else who contributed to this bug squashing!

-Carl

PS. It's unfortunate that some obvious bug fixes with patches had been
languishing in bugzilla. It would definitely help if there was better
UI for extracting the necessary information. In my ideal world, when
uploading a bug fix attachment, bugzilla would guide the user to enter
three separate pieces of information:

	Commit headline
	Commit message
	Exposition/instruction

and then bugzilla would generate a proper mail (with the actual patch
contents, not a link, darn it!), suitable for directly applying the
patch with git-am, say.

But I'm certainly not going to write anything like that. Any other
takers?

Oh, and then we would need our git commit hook to also close the bug
report, (I think the kernel has something like that already).

The other approach I've been taking is to notice when people are doing
useful work and get that to start committing directly rather than
uploading to bugzilla. So those of you that have commit access, let's
keep the code going into cairo itself, and not just into bugzilla, OK?