[cairo] Re: Progress on cairo-based "print to PDF" from Mozilla

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Fri Jun 16 06:25:55 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 17:30 +1000, Daniel Keep wrote:

> First of all, Acrobat displays the file fine, although rendering the
> first page can take an *awfully* long time, and uses up about 1/4 of my
> system memory doing so.  I'm assuming that's just because of the
> A4-sized 300 DPI image.
>
> Foxit is a little more interesting.  Firstly, the image on the first
> page is totally borked.  It appears vertically squished, horizontally
> elongated, and cut in half with the bottom half of the image at the top
> of the page and the top half at the bottom of the page.  I have *no*
> idea how that would happen.  It could just be that Foxit can't cope with
> an image quite that big...

Maybe cairo should tile the super-large image into several smaller
rectangles. That might increase redraw performance. (Just guessing.)

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's a fast talking shark-wrestling cop living undercover at Ringling Bros.
Circus. She's an orphaned out-of-work nun trying to make a difference in a
man's world. They fight crime!