[cairo] Avoiding seams (again)

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Mon Jun 26 19:29:02 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 05:09 +0200, Timothée Lecomte wrote:
> Carl Worth wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 00:34:59 +0100 (CET), Timothée Lecomte wrote:
> >
> >> Here is a sample code (plot.cr is the main context, plot.current_xmax and
> >> plot.currentymax are its width and height):
> >>

> > [snip]
> >

> >> Here is the results :
> >> For the xlib surface : http://tipote.free.fr/wxt-saturate3.png
> >> For the image surface : http://tipote.free.fr/wxt-saturate4.png
> >>

> > Hi Timothée,
> >
> > I just happened to be sitting down with Eric Anholt and looking
> > closely at the results of cairo's test suite with recent X server
> > builds. He found a failure in the X implementation of saturate, and I
> > felt guilty for remembering that you had reported this earlier and we
> > hadn't done anything about it.
> >
> > Anyway, he's looking at this now so hopefully we can see a fix for
> > this soon.
> >
> > -Carl
> >
> Hi Carl and Eric,
>
> This is really good to know. Thank both of you for your work.
> (By the way, I must share part of the guilty feeling as I did not post a
> true bug report ;-) )

And now it's fixed.  Enjoy :)

The thing that bothers me about this bug is that rendercheck wasn't
catching it. I must need to do something else so that I trigger these
MMX cases, because I saw no difference in rendercheck results from the
change.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com