[cairo] New API: cairo_{push,pop}_group and friends

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu May 4 04:14:18 PDT 2006

On Thu, 04 May 2006 03:25:06 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:

> Vladimir, I noticed that your push-pop-group changes the
> get_group_target API to also return the offset of the intermediate
> surface. Should that patch be pushed out? (It looks like the rest of
> your mozilla branch doesn't actually base off of it).

Ah, it doesn't base off of that commit, but I see it does have the
same patch later on. Anyway, let me know if you thing cairo_get_target
plus an existing function could take the place of
cairo_get_group_target.

If not, then please feel free to push your change to
cairo_get_group_target.

-Carl

PS. I've been trying to review and push as many patches as I could
tonight from the mozilla branch. I think I'll stop now and get some
sleep, but I think I got everything that changes API, (except for the
clip rectangle extraction thing, for which I'd still like to see an
updated patch).

For other implementation cleanups you have that don't affect the API,
(and things like a big rewrite of the quartz surface), please feel
free to go ahead and push those. You don't need to wait for my review
unless you want it, (and if so let me know). Otherwise, I'll at least
skim over things as they pass by on the cairo-commit list.

Thanks for all your contributions to cairo, and thanks for your
patience since you've had so many patches outstanding for so long!