[cairo] User font take 2

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon May 8 10:34:43 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 12:34 -0400, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:

> The glyph space conversion isn't strictly necessary, we could just
> require that users specify metrics and define the glyph in the font
> design space, but it's a nice convenience.  Also, this ignores the
> fact that we have no way to replay a meta surface under a
> transformation, which will be necessary for rendering glyph cache
> bitmaps at different sizes.

Yeah, the fact that we currently store meta surfaces in fixed point
space is annoying. However, we can set whatever transformation we like
before handing the cairo_t back to the app, so we can get reasonable
dynamic range.

I suspect we'll need some kind of 'we're done now' api as the
destruction of the cairo_t probably isn't sufficient. Other than that,
this looks pretty good to me. cworth?

keith.packard at intel.com