[cairo] PDF type3 font support; Just bugs to fix before cairo 1.2

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimirv at gmail.com
Mon May 15 13:58:43 PDT 2006

On 5/15/06, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> [1] It would be nice to be able to use "stock" cairo with firefox
> --enable-system-cairo, and I think we're really close to that
> now. Vladimir, I've been expecting some comments on the merging I did
> of mozilla patches. Can I expect that soon? If there's more that needs
> to be done I'd really like to see it happen before cairo 1.2 if
> possible.

I think we can get very close; I've been swamped the past two weeks,
and am at XTech this week and on vacation next week.  I'll do some
diffs and figure out what's changed between what we have and what's at
the tip of the main cairo git branch.  Either way, though, even if we
can build with a "system cairo" for 1.2, we won't guarantee that that
will last until we branch for Firefox 3, which probably won't happen
until early next year.  But we should certainly try to converge right
now if we can.  I know there have been a few minor API changes with
the push/pop group stuff; I'll see if I can put together a patch to
get that integrated.

My rewrite of the Quartz surface is a bit stalled right now; it's
usable for us, but there are some things that still need to be done
(e.g. there's no support for the "mask" backend operation at all yet),
so I'm hesitant to have it go into a cairo 1.2.  I'm also unsure of
the name that it should take; cairo_quartz2_surface seems the easiest,
maybe cairo_quartz_cg_surface.. cairo_quartz_native_surface?  At some
point it can become just cairo_quartz_surface, but it's not quite
ready yet.  Any name suggestions would be appreciated.

    - Vlad