[cairo] How to make libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 for RedHat ES 2.1 / 3.0?

Erik Kangas kangas at luxsci.com
Thu Nov 2 11:15:28 PST 2006

Hello,

I need libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 for RedHat ES/AS v2.1 and 3.0.  This s not
in the rpm list.  I have downloaded and compiled all the sources for
pango, cairo, and related packages and installed them.  This gives me
nice individual libraries for each, but the libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 was
not created in the process.

Does anyone know how to either:

a) Find libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 pre-built for download for these OS
platforms, or

b) Assemble libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 from the individual so files made by
the individual builds, or

c) Use one of the configure / make combinations in one of the builds to
generate this shared library.

The ultimate purpose is to use the HTML2Image software package which
requires this library and comes pre-compiled.

Thank you,

-Erik Kangas
LuxSci.com