[cairo] RE: You have been unsubscribed from the cairo-announce mailing list

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Fri Nov 3 10:20:20 PST 2006

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 10:03:50AM -0800, Ralph Giles wrote:
> We don't have to clean the spam filters anymore, but only the core
> developers can remember how to post to the lists, so it effectively
> killed outside traffic. I don't recommend it.

I didn't say that one should stop mail that DON'T have the extra
header. Do it like it is now (you need to subscribe to post),
but also allow mail from non-subscribers if they have some well-known
header that works for every mailinglist in the world (assume that
could be organised). Then you'd only get MORE mail, not less.
And people who frequently mail lists, like n8gray, will learn
how to add that header - because if they don't, they get a bounce
(just like now) saying: you need to subscribe to post here (or
add this and that header). Nobody can forget how to post. It would
just be EXTRA - and you'd be told about it every time you forget it,
just like now you are being told about posting to a subscribe-only
mailinglist.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>