[cairo] PKG_CONFIG undefined during checking for 'cairo's PNG backend', whilst 'checking for pkg-config' looks good.

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 04:28:11 PST 2006

2006/11/4, Leon Woestenberg <leon.woestenberg at gmail.com>:
> Hello all,
>
> I am bringing cairo 1.2.6 as an OpenEmbedded package build, but I run
> into an undefined PKG_CONFIG variable during configure testing the
> availability of png libraries using "--exists", while configure *did*
> find the full pkg-config.
>
> I am lost as where the PKG_CONFIG is set or cleared, can someone look
> along please?

The actual issue (too old pkg-config) was already pointed out, but
just for future reference it is the

  PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG(0.19)

autotools macro in configure.in that checks for it and defines the variable.

Perhaps failing this test should be made fatal (as building cairo
obviously doesn't work without it...)?

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi