[cairo] After 1.3.2, what's going to make cairo faster next?

Daniel Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 17:44:10 PST 2006

On 11/17/06, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:31:43 -0800, "Daniel Amelang" wrote:
> I really can't form an opinion on it. I saw a blog post which had only
> about as much detail as you give above "OpenGL + stencil buffer" with
> claims of linear-time performance. I didn't see any pointers to an
> explanation of how the approach actually works, what tradeoffs it
> might have, any implementation, nor even any pictures of results from
> which the quality could be judged.

Yah, I was disappointed with how little he disclosed. In case you
haven't seen it, he wrote a bit more about the technique several
months ago:

http://zrusin.blogspot.com/2006/07/hardware-accelerated-polygon-rendering.html

Obviously still not very clear, but like you said, we have work cut
out in other areas first.

Dan