[cairo] cairo-xlib-surface.c:402: _swap_ximage_to_native: Assertion `NOT_REACHED' failed.

Erik Ohrnberger Erik at echohome.org
Sat Nov 18 11:36:46 PST 2006

OK.  I did some more testing, and I think I've got more clues to this issue.

When I run startx on the console, everything works fine.  The applications
start up and run as expected.

Generally, I'm running an X Window server emulator on my Windows PC and pipe
the display up there.  The PC is set to 32 bit color depth, and when the
DISLPAY env var is set to the IP of the Windows PC, that is when the
applications fail with this error.

Is there a setting someplace on the Linux side where I can force a similar
color depth as to the Option "Pixmap" "32" you mention below?

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

	Erik.