[cairo] Oprofiling Cairo on ARM

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Tue Nov 28 13:57:02 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 13:51 -0800, Daniel Amelang wrote:

> Note that we haven't yet determined _where_ those type checks are
> coming from. It may be that pangcairo is just fine in this regard.

Well, I won't be surprised if it actually was pangocairo.  Pangocairo
receives an order of magnitude more function calls than libraries higher
in the stack.  While Gtk+ may make a call per widget, that will be
broken down into one per line pango calls and one per widget pangocairo
calls that finally loops over individual chars/glyphs, etc, roughly
speaking.  Just to give you the idea.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/