[cairo] building OSX target from git clone

Travis Griggs tgriggs at cincom.com
Mon Oct 9 23:15:52 PDT 2006

OK, I'm getting close. Thanks to tips both private and here in list.
What I've done so far is:

port install cogito
cg-clone -s git://git.cairographics.org/git/cairo
port install libtool
edit the autogen.sh file, changed the first ${LIBTOOLIZE-libtoolize}
with ${LIBTOOLIZE-glibtoolize} "I must admit that variable expression
makes now sense to me"
port install automake
port install pkgconfig
port install libpng "trial and error determined all 4 of these lines"
./autogen.sh --enable-atsui --enable-quartz
make

If I'm supposed to do some of the previous steps differently, I admit
my naivety and am open to suggestion. Before this, this box has had
very little "non apple" software loaded onto it. I think I port'ed VIM.

The bad news is that I get a compile error:
/local/lib/libz.dylib -lXrender -lSM -lICE -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11  -
Wl,-framework -Wl,Carbon -install_name  /usr/local/lib/libcairo.
2.dylib -Wl,-compatibility_version -Wl,12 -Wl,-current_version -Wl,12.2
ld: Undefined symbols:
_FcNameConstant
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[3]: *** [libcairo.la] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I was throwing educated darts before. Now I go to blind dart throwing
unless some kind soul sheds some enlightenment on me.

TIA

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist