[cairo] Cairo vs GnomeCanvas

Kouhei Sutou kou at cozmixng.org
Thu Oct 12 18:04:49 PDT 2006

Hi,

2006/10/12, Manu <seatmanu at yahoo.com>:

> I have been looking on google and still cannot get a
> clear answer about what is cairo compare to
> gnomecanvas.

> 4) Any working ruby example? I tried the one from
> Rcairo and they all failed.

What example did you try? There are five examples in samples
directory: pac.rb, pac2.rb, png.rb, scalable.rb and text2.rb.

If you want to try GnomeCanvas with Ruby examples, you can
find them in sample/ directory in Ruby/GnomeCanvas.
  http://ruby-gnome2.cvs.sourceforge.net/ruby-gnome2/ruby-gnome2/gnomecanvas/sample/

If you want to try GTK+ and cairo with Ruby examples, you can
find them in sample/ directory in Ruby/GTK2.
  http://ruby-gnome2.cvs.sourceforge.net/ruby-gnome2/ruby-gnome2/gtk/sample/

The following examples may be usefull for you:
sample/misc/cairo-pong.rb
sample/misc/mouse-gesture.rb
sample/gtk-demo/main.rb (examples in cairo section use cairo)

Thanks,
--
kou