[cairo] cross compile GTK+ on DirectFB --Pango with Cairo disappears

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolm at pointy-stick.com
Thu Oct 19 02:00:51 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 13:51 +0800, Zhang Long wrote:
> Dear sir,
>

> On Fedora core 4 - x86 platform when I cross compiled GTK on DirectFB,
> I cross compiled
>
> cairo-1.2.2
> ./configure --enable-static --enable-directfb=yes --disable-xlib
> --disable-win32 --host=arm-linux
> CC=/usr/local/arm/3.3.2/bin/arm-linux-gcc
> make && make install               OK
>
> pango-1.13.3
> ./configure --enable-static  --without-x --host=arm-linux
> CC=/usr/local/arm/3.3.2/bin/arm-linux-gcc
> make && make install               OK
>
> but only 2 libraries come out: libpango.so and libpangoft2.so
>
> gtk+-2.10.2
> ./configure --host=arm-linux --with-gdktarget=directfb --without-x
> --without-libtiff --without-libjpeg
> CC=/usr/local/arm/3.3.2/bin/arm-linux-gcc
>
> it comes that
> checking for DirectFB... found
> checking Pango flags... configure: error:
> *** Pango not found. Pango built with Cairo support is required
> *** to build GTK+. See http://www.pango.org for Pango information.
> for x86 platform, I compiled a library of libpangocairo-1.0.so, but
> for arm platform, the library disappears, why?

Since gtk's configure script uses pkg-config to extract the dependencies
for things like Pango, I would start by getting to the point where

        pkg-config --modversion pango

returns something sensible in your build environment. Your problem could
be anywhere from not having the files installed in the expected place to
just not having the environment (e.g. PKG_CONFIG_PATH) set properly.
Using pkg-config to debug the problem means you don't have to wade
through all the configure output each time.

Regards,
Malcolm