[cairo] Rules to host a binding ?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Oct 19 14:48:49 PDT 2006

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 23:42:55 +0200, Damien Carbonne wrote:
> I have almost finished an Ada binding to cairo.
> Please, what are the rules so that this binding can be hosted on cairo
> site (like some other bindings) ?
> What about, licensing, build, install, compliance with cairo binding
> guide, etc. ?

So far, we've pretty much taken all comers. Compatible licensing with
cairo is a requirement for hosting though. Compliance with cairo
binding guide is strongly encouraged, but not enforced in any sense.

For the rest, just do the best you can.

> How can I proceed ?

First, let's see the code somewhere. Got a link to it we can look at?

Second, go through this process to get an account that will let you
maintain the code:

	http://freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountRequests

(It says "CVS" on that page, but the account will let you host the
code with your tool of choice. Most of the bindings are still
languishing in cvs, but I imagine some maintainers will see the git
light soon and move them over...)