[cairo] [patch] remove warnings and win32 build

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Sep 19 10:35:50 PDT 2006

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 02:21:17 +0200, Pierre wrote:

> These two patches try to improve win32 support in cairo and fix many
> warnings and possible compilation errors:

Thanks for the patches. Eliminating compiler warnings is always a
useful thing. A few comments:

> [2] http://blog.thepimp.net/misc/cairowin32/pixman_win32_patch.txt
>      http://blog.thepimp.net/misc/cairowin32/cairo_win32_patch.txt

1. Directly including the patch in the email would be much more
   useful, as then I could simply reply to review and comment on the
   patches, (plus I'd have the patches available when reading mail
   offline).

2. The patches should be broken up so that each one fixes a single
   class of warning and with a commit message for each commit. One of
   the best ways to do this is to use git to make local commits, and
   then use "git format-patch" to generate patches with commit
   messages.

3. The patches add a _lot_ of casts which is definitely not an
   improvement to the code. Can you provide some justification for
   these casts? Even more preferable would be an approach that does
   not add the casts.

4. The patches use non-standard types like FLOAT and LONG. Please use
   C for all patch submissions.

Thanks,