[cairo] Problem with png in pdf documents when using acroread

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Apr 4 16:51:48 PDT 2007

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 09:06:43 +0930, Adrian Johnson wrote:
> See http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2007-March/010097.html
> where I said that "Xpdf and Poppler do not appear to support text
> patterns or stroke patterns."

Is cairo's test suite that miserable that we haven't noticed this
before. :-(

I guess I did better with the performance suite in that we at least
exercise 4 of the 5 fundamental cairo drawing operations with the 4
basic source pattern types and 2 of the 14 operators.

But even that doesn't sound all that impressive now that I write it
all out...

Anyway, Jeff how hard would it be to get poppler to start supporting
image and gradient patterns for drawing text and paths?