[cairo] Flash performance comparison?

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Tue Apr 10 22:18:21 PDT 2007

The recent discussion about Flash blending modes got me thinking; anyone
out there with Flash knowledge interested in doing a Flash vs. Cairo
performance comparison?  Adapting some of the cairo-perf benchmarks
would probably be the easiest way to go about it.  Flash is one of the
few cross-platform 2d graphics libraries that are in (very) wide usage,
and I think cairo should be able to compete against it successfully
(this would be especially interesting for me for Mozilla, where cairo
competes against Flash directly via SVG and <canvas>).

Any interested takers?  I'd be willing to offer any help on the
ActionScript side that I can (and the cairo side, as necessary).

     - Vlad