[cairo] Fix crash - SurfacePatternDrawFunc in cairo-quartz-surface.c

Mox Soini mox at iki.fi
Tue Apr 10 23:38:01 PDT 2007

Hi again,

Brian, your guesses were correct.
1) Quartz Cairo backend does not support native snapshot, so fallback is used
2) Fallback eventually boils down to _cairo_quartz_get_image

In my case, that function was failing, because the OOo code did not
have the proper kCGBitmapByteOrder32Host set, and thus the _get_image
failed.

After fixing that on the OOo side, the cairo code worked fine. So this
bug helped to fix some OOo code, nice.

However, I'm not sure it is good behaviour to allow the code to crash
on a semi-random place. If we are at the moment interested in
improving the unimplemented areas, then maybe an assert, with code
comment would be good there...

How about this fix in the attached patch?

       Mox

--
Mox on G