[cairo] mingw instructions

Gerdus van Zyl gerdusvanzyl at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 13:10:33 PDT 2007

Hi,

Does anyone have instructions/tips on building cairo on mingw/msys on
windows? It's been a real struggle to get all the dependencies and
dependencies of dependencies sorted out. Cairo compiles but only
produces libcairo.a and libcairo.la and not the dll i require. The
closest I can make out is the linker can't find some files of the
libpng,win32apis etc because it gives a warning about unresolved
symbols. (but libpng is found by pkgconfig and in lib directory) I am
unfortunely an amateur when it comes to compiled languages, so i am
stuck.
 Test/examples fail in the make because there is no rule about ".dep"
in test or something.

The reason I am trying to compile myself is that cairo/pycairo
binaries available on the net (that i know of) is generally a few
releases behind and does not include for example glitz, that i am very
interested in. (aside glitz compiles with no complaints)

Thanks,
Gerdus van Zyl