[cairo] firefox/cairo crashes on solaris 9

Peter Weilbacher (Mozilla) mozilla at weilbacher.org
Sun Apr 22 13:25:05 PDT 2007

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:36:05 -0700, sam sirlin wrote:

>I see that firefox 2.0.0.3 can crash even the latest 1.4.4
>cairo (I've seen this with all other versions).
>
>I'm running on solaris9 sparc, building using gcc 4.1.1/4.1.2
>Crashes seem to be mostly associated with poping up a window,
>e.g. download.

If my understanding of Mozilla's internals is correct, cairo
isn't involved with popups at all. At least not for Firefox
2.0.0.3.

[...]
>(gdb) print font_face->backend->scaled_font_create
>Cannot access memory at address 0x8
>(gdb) print *font_face
>$10 = {hash_entry = {hash = 0}, status = CAIRO_STATUS_SUCCESS, ref_count = 1, user_data = {size = 0, num_elements = 0, element_size = 12, elements = 0x0, is_snapshot = 0}, backend = 0x0}
>(gdb)
>
>So somehow font_face doesn't have a backend... Any clue on how to fix
>this?

Not really. A backtrace might help. And a more detailed description
on your build setup, too. As you are building with cairo 1.4.4, I take
it that you are using --enable-system-cairo?

Although several Mozilla developers read this list, perhaps you should
also open a bug on Bugzilla...

   Peter.