[cairo] Re: 2 clipping questions

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Apr 26 13:57:40 PDT 2007

On 26 Apr 2007 21:56:59 +0200, "Tim Teulings" wrote:
> Thank you. That did work as expected. I hope I can have multiple
> subtractive rectangles (it looks like it works)!?

Yes, you can let the path get as complex and self-intersecting as you
like, and cairo_clip will simply use the "inside" of the path (as
determined by the fill rule) as what to use to intersect with the
current clip region to form the new clip region.

> So this exactly matches your example :-)
> Using surfaces instead of directly working with XCopyArea did indeed
> honored my clipping regions. So a thanks for this one, too :-)

Great. I'm glad things are working for you. And I hope you're having
lots of fun with cairo.