[cairo] cairo release notes items for GNOME 2.20

Murray Cumming murrayc at murrayc.com
Sun Aug 26 08:22:23 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 11:07 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 14:00:18 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > Are there any very user visible changes in cairo between the GNOME 2.18
> > release time and GNOME 2.20's release time (one month from now)?
>
> Could you translate that to cairo versions please?

Sorry, I was being lazy.

1.4.6 for GNOME 2.18 according to
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen/ExternalDependencies

1.4.10 for GNOME 2.20 according to
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointNineteen/ExternalDependencies

> At least the 2.18 anyway... which version of cairo did GNOME 2.18 ship
> with?
>
> > cairo isn't part of the GNOME release sets but it's obviously a very
> > important part of our software, so it seems worth mentioning
> > improvements.
>
> I definitely agree. And I'm a bit confused as to the "part of"
> qualifier. I mean, cairo source code isn't hosted canonically at
> gnome.org servers, but GNOME does depend on cairo and does ship cairo
> tar files with its releases doesn't it?

It's part of GNOME's world. It isn't part of any of GNOME's release sets
(part of our release process). It's a (much loved) external dependency:
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointNineteen/ExternalDependencies

murrayc at murrayc.com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com