[cairo] rsvg and cairo alpha puzzle

Bertram Felgenhauer bertram.felgenhauer at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 1 04:58:41 PST 2007

Donn wrote:
> Bertram,
>  Thanks for working on this.

Well it's my bug really, the least I can do is fix it.

>  I am not savvy about how patches and whatnot make their way downstream to
> users -- I am running Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10, which pretty much by definition is
> using old librsvg code from apt-get, will the change spoken of in this thread
> make it to the repos I update from (RSVG: Version: 2.18.2-1 and
> gnome-desktop ) or will I have to self-compile?

I'm not a librsvg (nor Kubuntu) developer, so I'm the wrong person to
ask. I hope somebody will apply the patch, and that it'll make its way
into librsvg 2.18.3. Distributors might pick up the patch sooner if
they are aware of it.

Right now it's just a patch sitting on Bugzilla which can be applied
manually.

It's a pity that this behaviour was noticed so late. The patch has
been in the rsvg SVN for 4 months now. But there's little to be done
about that, except getting it fixed.

regards,

Bertram