[cairo] cairo_new_path; cairo_clip [was Re: Explanation/justification for tolerance change?]

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Wed Dec 5 22:11:13 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 17:32 -0500, Carl Worth wrote:

> [*] The second issue was whether cairo_new_path;cairo_clip should clip
> everything out. That seemed obviously wrong to me last night, but
> seems obviously right to me this morning. I was definitely really
> tired last night, so I'll trust myself today unless anyone wants to
> raise any issue here.

You said last night that it's inconsistent with
cairo_new_path;cairo_fill.  I took your word last night but sounds wrong
to me now too.  cairo_new_path;cairo_fill should fill nothing, and
cairo_new_path;cairo_clip should clip everything out.  The logic is
obvious: you start with the empty set and add regions using various path
construction functions.

There's always cairo_reset_clip.

So yes, I guess this was a non-issue.  Maybe we need tests for both fill
and clip if we don't already have.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*
being struck by lightning.  -- Matt Welsh