[cairo] [ANN] CairoPad

Hakki Dogusan dogusanh at tr.net
Mon Dec 10 18:27:08 PST 2007

Hi,

Thanks for reply (and sorry for direct mail).

Carl Worth wrote:
 > On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 14:19:56 +0200, Hakki Dogusan wrote:
 >> http://www.dynaset.org/dogusanh/download.html#cairopad
 >>
 >> Since I'm in -slooooow- learning stage, I thought, there should be a
 >> tool to show Cairo code effect in real time.. So, I wrote mine :)
 >
 > I like the concept a lot. But I had no luck running it at all:
 >
 > My system provides a "lua50" binary, not a "lua5.1", so I tried making
 > that substitution into run.sh but this is what I end up with:
 >
 >     $ sh run.sh
 >     lua50: <command line>:1: attempt to index global `package' (a nil
 > value)
 >     stack traceback:
 >             <command line>:1: in main chunk
 >             [C]: ?
 >
 > Which means exactly nothing to me.
 >
 > Is this a 5.0 vs. 5.1 problem or something else?

package was added in 5.1. There is a compat module, but I didn't use it
before. So, I tried to remove dependencies. Made a new dowload file with
name "linux"; also put ldd results.

I hope you can run it now.

 >> Since in my LuaCairo binding I followed C API naming strictly, it may
 >> help for C - Cairo experiments.
 >
 > That also seems very appealing.

As a newcomer that decision helps me; C-to-Lua translation became easy.
I still didn't write Cairo code myself. All samples, snippets are yours..

--
Regards,
Hakki Dogusan