[cairo] gschem Performance profile dragging objects

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 11 17:52:35 PST 2007

Hi, I've taken another profile (sysprof) this time, having updated to
the GIT head of cairo, and libpixman 0.9.6.

In case anyone finds this interesting (or can point to any obvious low
hanging fruit for me to fix), I've put the profile online:

http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/gschem_sysprof.xml.gz

fbRasterize edges is the biggest single consumer, at 6.06% self.

About 38% cumulative goes under miTrapezoids (Belonging to the X
server?). This breaks down (additively) about:

  12% -> miCreateAlphaPicture,
  11% -> fbRasterizeTrapezoid,
  9%  -> CompositePicture,
  3%  -> FreePicture,
  3%  -> miTrapezoidBounds

About 10% cumulative goes under _cairo_surface_fallback_stroke
(Belonging to the app)

Any ideas for improvements?

--
Peter Clifton