[cairo] OT: Where to host a GPL project that involves Cairo

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Wed Dec 12 10:21:57 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 13:21 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 20:17 +0200, Donn wrote:
> > That makes me wonder, does Cairo use GL if it's available? Or is it
> 100%
> > independent? I have GL working (I use Blender) and did not think to
> ask until
> > you mentioned Clutter (which I just saw for the 1st time) and that
> got me
> > wondering -- perhaps the speed of Cairo has been my nvidia card all
> along...
>
> No, it doesn't use OpenGL by default,

Oh, if you are running Xgl, you may be getting OpenGL goodness because
the XRender implementation in Xgl goes through that.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*
being struck by lightning.  -- Matt Welsh