[cairo] A diagram for criticism/comments

Dirk Schönberger dirk.schoenberger at sz-online.de
Wed Dec 12 13:42:34 PST 2007

>  I have spent some time getting my thoughts in order, and tried to sum-up
my
> overview of Cairo (so far) in a diagram. I have attached it. If anyone has
> the time to comment that would be great.

Looks nice.

Some comments:
- move_to is a verb, line_to ( and curve_to, arc(?)) are intended as verbs
(something like draw_line_to)
- transforms can be used independently from another. There are no restraint
in doing different orders and even duplications of these operations.
Something like  cairo_rotate, cairo_translate, cairo_scale, cairo_translate,
cairo_scale is a perfectly valid call list, as long as you are sure what you
do. I.e. it is limited on the user, not the system...

Regards
Dirk