[cairo] A diagram for criticism/comments

Travis Griggs tgriggs at cincom.com
Wed Dec 12 15:21:09 PST 2007

Pretty graphic.  I see others have taken issue with the "nouns"
section. One way to respin this is as paths. I see a strong operator
and surface presence in this slide, but Paths are kind of assumed.

I think Paths are an important First Class citizen of the Cairo
lingo. The fact that they can be disjoint. The differences between
"closed" and "ending at the starting point." The fact that winding
direction matters. That you can use them for clipping as well as
stroking and filling.

When I gave some Cairo presentations/tutorials, I broke it down into
3 main sections: Surfaces, Paths, and Operators (verbs). Each which
builds on the next.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist